Monday, April 26, 2010

Heart and SOLE in Albuquerque

Sole Art and Antiques

This week's field trip is about a new shop in Albuquerque.  I stopped in the week prior to Easter to see my friend Kelly's newest venture.  I met Kelly Miller while working on my first show, the pilot for "Wildfire."  I was new and knew nothing about running a wardrobe trailer, or the biz.  Kelly was so kind to me.  She hired me for "First Snow" to work with the background.  I have always loved working with her.  She is one of those women who can do anything: home remodeling, gardening, decorating, computers, antique collecting.  It may sound strange, but she remodeled a bathroom in her house, and it's the most wonderful bathroom I have ever seen.  She really has an eye.
Cool stuff in Sole

Sole has a wide variety of items.  Great Route 66 kitchy to real cowboy and indian antiques.  There is even a retro modern section of the shop.  Jewelry, art, fine craft, vintage, furniture and antiques.  Only someone with Kelly's talents would have the heart to open a shop in the middle of a recession.  Which is why we get along, as I opened a jewelry company in the middle of the same recession.  Kelly summed up why I no longer work in the TV/Movie biz one day when I was having a tough time with my crew.  She so aptly put it: "This is the only business where people will stab you in the front!"  I think her time and mine are pretty filled up with our entrepreneurships. Although she says she still does commercial work, and was voted the best make-up artist in town.  What a woman!

This Bunny from Sole graced our Easter table.

Sole: 3911 Central Avenue NE Albuquerque, NM 87108
         505-554-1345
         info@soleartandantiques.com


All the best to Kelly and Sole!!!!!!!!!!



Thanks for reading.  I'm still amazed that you do.

xo
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment