Saturday, June 12, 2010

9 Lives For Columbus

Columbus & Frances: a birthday photo just a 
month ago with his sister and litter mate.

Our beloved cat of 16 years became critically ill Friday night.  He was having labored breathing, and we took him to the emergency vet.  He has some sort of blockage in his upper respiratory airway. They put him in an oxygen chamber, which helped him breathe.  He was in so much pain, and seeing him suffer is breaking my heart.  He has already been through one cancer treatment 2 years ago.  I lay awake all night seeing his face through the plastic wall of the oxygen chamber.

I hated to leave him there alone in a strange place.  We are waiting for a report from the vet. They hoped to do a cat scan to see what is causing the blockage. 
6/11/10

On 6/12/10  Columbus made his transition.  With it, he took a piece of our hearts.  I will write a blog about him when I feel I can.  Thanks everyone for your kindness during this time.

Thanks for reading. I'm still amazed that you do.
xo,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment