Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sam Is Here !!

"Sam"

Those of you who know me well, know I have loved skulls and skeletons my whole life. I am fascinated by the forms that different bones take as shapes.  Everyone has one.  A common denominator that unites us all. 

For my birthday I asked for a life size medical model skeleton...female.  Bob went shopping at his favorite store: Ebay, and found me one.  She arrived yesterday. Her name is Samantha. I will call her "Sam."  She's beautiful, articulating, and my exact height.  She came from American Science and Surplus, a long time family favorite. I didn't know she came from there until she arrived.  So serendipitous.

I will use her as my muse for a 365 project that starts on November 1st, The Day of the Dead. 

Thanks for reading.
Each day is a gift, open now.
xo,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment