Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 107 Big Trees

Day 107
My friend Barbara and I took Sam to Calaveras State Park so she could do some tree hugging.  She also made snow angels!  http://www.parks.ca.gov/?page_id=551
I have learned that government run buildings, and parks are not always welcoming to Samantha.  I wanted a photo of her standing by the sign at the entrance because Calaveras means skull in Spanish.  A park ranger we encountered at the sign came to a screeching u-turn in his truck when he saw her.  He invited us to leave immediately.  He said " people could get the wrong idea about my park." Really, really, really?  Then why name it Calaveras???  He clearly did not know what the name meant. 
After our experience at the Colosseum, I decided arguing or explaining would not really be helpful.  I had already taken the photo. We left laughing about it for most of the evening.  You can't make this stuff up. :-)

Each day is a gift, open now.
xo
Suz


No photos from this blog may be reproduced in any way without the written permission of the blogger and polkadot magpie.

1 comment:

  1. Too funny.... What "wrong idea" would that be? I really don't get it.

    ReplyDelete