Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 185 Kathie Kollwitz Berlin

Day 185


Kathie Kollwitz has been a favorite artist of mine since the1980s.  She is a printmaker from the turn of the century. Her work has such emotion, that anyone who sees it can't help but be touched.  She has a museum in Berlin that I have always wanted to visit.  I did, and Sam and I visited the park where her sculpture is.  Hundreds of children playing around her, that were happy, and well fed.  I know this would please her.  What a perfect setting for her to be remembered in.

I give out stickers when I travel with Sam. I gave them out by the handfuls in this setting.  The kids love stickers, and they also loved Sam II.    Here is a link to her museum: 
http://www.kaethe-kollwitz.de/museum-en.htm


Each day is a gift, open now.
xo,
Suz


No photos from this blog may be reproduced in any way without the written permission of the blogger and polkadot magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment