Monday, October 21, 2013

Day 348 On The Fence

Day 348
copyright 2013 polkadot magpie
Sam stands at the fence which is the border between El Paso and Juarez Mexico. I was impressed with the amount of Border Patrol officers and vehicles I saw when we were there.  I can't imagine anyone in the daylight trying to cross here.

We were greeted by an agent who was absolutely delightful.  I explained the project to him and he said it was cool to take the pictures there.  He also explained that after we left he would have to sweep the sand so our footprints would be erased.  This is an aspect I had never thought of...looking for footprints.  I was more concerned with getting a soft light, and shadows from the fence.

Years ago I worked on a movie called "Trade" with Kevin Klein about human trafficking between Mexico and the US.  So I have always wanted to see a real border site. This looked nothing like the movie version. The fencing here was very low tech.  There were other places where the fencing was very elaborate, and much more foreboding.  I still would not want to try and cross the border this way. I am always moved by stories of people who swim, crawl, and climb there way into the USA.


Each day is a gift, open now.
xo,
Suz



No photos from this blog may be reproduced in any way without the written permission of the blogger and polkadot magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment