Sunday, July 19, 2015

The Ride Home From Girona

"I'd like a room please"  copyright 2015 polkadot magpie
copyright 2015 polkadot magpie

The ride home from Girona was much easier and faster. I chose a different route that was a toll road. One whole Euro and NO traffic circles. I was back in Arenys de Mar in under an hour.  I was a bit pokey in places where it was 120kph (75mph), as the road twisted and turned. Everything was well marked, and it was a breeze. I put Sam in the back seat in case I needed to ask directions. haha
Las Ramblas Girona
I thought about the Jewish museum and quarter. And it dawned on me why I am such a traveler. My newly discovered roots are my answer. Jews have been on the move since history was recorded. Probably even before then.  As I stood reading all this history, I wished as I have many times in the last few years that my parents were still alive. Why did they keep this from us? Why does my only living relative deny his heritage?  I understand my Great Grandparents coming over from London when Hitler started his rampage. Once safely settled in the USA- I can't wrap my head around the secret.  Those are questions I have come to realize will never be answered.  Thought I now understand my need to "go."


While I was roaming the streets of Girona the first day, Sam was trying to order room service! The next morning when I was up  and out before coffee with her we ran into many locals. None of which were at all pleased to see her. The men who were washing the streets (yes, they power wash all the streets and sidewalks weekly) looked up and saw her. One screamed in perfect english: "Oh my god!"
When we came back I met a lovely man in our hotel from the UK, Steve. He wanted his pic taken with her, and was quite amused. I told him she will be coming to the UK sometime next year, and he assured me they would love her. The Brits do have a wonderful sense of humor, and I believe him.


We are happily back in our seaside town, and I get back to work in the studio this AM.

Bon Dia! Each day is a gift, open now.
xo
Suz





No photos from this blog may be reproduced in any way without the written permission of the blogger and polkadot magpie.


No comments:

Post a Comment