Sunday, July 4, 2010

☆☆☆☆ 4th of July ☆☆☆☆

Happy 4th of July!!!!!!

We are having a quiet 4th this year.  Health issues have made me realize I can't do as much entertaining, as I do it all by myself.  I truly miss my days in Evanston Illinois where we built floats and went to the Evanston Parade on Central St.  Fireworks over Lake Michigan preceded by wonderful orchestras that had finales of stars and stripes music are not found in New Mexico.  In fact is seems odd to light things on fire in this dry barren landscape, if not irresponsible. From our property we can see all the fireworks around.  So I will be content to do so.  

This week I have baked pies, and cookies with the stars and stripes motif.  I made an apricot, nectarine, and blueberry pie.  A yummy combination.  Roll out star sugar cookies decorated with red m&m's as well as red & blue sugars.  I had to dye my own sugar blue.  That was fun!

We had a visitor for dinner this week.  "Jack" came with his grandparents, the Karnes who are responsible for us finding our home.  They live 2 streets over from us.  Ann and I often call each other and "put our dinners together."  Ann is one of those women who always has something in the freezer, or left overs from a PEO lunch...and it's always delicious!  At the store I got those snakes that you light on fire and they grow into black puffy carbon critters.  I asked permission  from Grandma first.  Jack went through 2 lighters on the snakes.  He had a blast.  I had fun watching him.  Buddy was so happy to have a boy after Ethan had gone.  Jack loves animals and paid lots of attention to both cats, and Buddy.  

I think Jack is saying "cool!"  

Wishing you all a safe and fun 4th of July wherever you are.  Happy Birthday USA!
Old school link on youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9ePaETGQZ0
Enjoy!

Thanks for reading. I'm still amazed that you do!
xo
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment