Friday, January 21, 2011

Class Picture Day





Yesterday I continued my reshooting of all the items as well as new items in my shops. I now have a Nikon 80 "big girl" camera and some big hot lights.  I had an idea to line the personalized shapes I had up like a class photo we used to take when I was in grade school.   You know how sometimes you think of something, but the execution is another story.

The bunnies and kitties were the tallest, so they went in the back row. Then came the bigger birds, and smaller birds in front.  I stood them up in a scarf box lid with waxy sticky stuff to hold them in place. It was a comedy of errors.  I always turn the lights off between set ups, as they get so hot I am fearful of starting the little photo tent on fire. When I shot the meteorite for ThePolkadotMagpie I couldn't pick up the hearts when I was finished because they were soooo hot.

Once they were lined up, I started shooting. Getting them all at the same angle so the light lit them was the first buggaboo. Then, they kept falling down because the stickum was melting. It truly was like photographing kindergarteners. A bunny would fall, I'd set it up. Then a bird would go beak down.  This is the best shot I got with them all standing. Not perfect, but you get the idea.  I think I am going to make some holders out of clear lucite like they use to hold rings in jewelry catalogs.  "Necessity is the Mother of Invention."  Oh yeah.

Below is my raven who is perched high in my studio. I like to dress him up.   Who is the kindergartener? :-)



Thanks for reading.
Each day is a gift, open now.
xo,
Suz

1 comment:

  1. Nice to see you back blogging, Suz and good luck with your new shiny camera and lights! I like the class picture. Am about to start blogging again, too!

    ReplyDelete