Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Frozen Tundra

The storm coming in that the mountains protected us from. East of the Sandias got whalloped yesterday.

Yesterday a front came through Albuquerque.  We were spared more snow, but not the cold.  Of course our large heater in the shop broke after the last arctic freeze. So I left the door from the mudroom to the garage/shop open and had a fan blowing the air from the house in there all night.  The gray dust that is all over everything in the shop will also be all over our house if I leave it open while we are working. The thermometer said 5 degrees this morning.  It will be a balmy 20 something today.  Lots of layers and hot tea while working in the shop.

My day at the laser cutter proved to be less productive than I had hoped. Many of my French acrylics and such cannot be cut, because they will give off toxic gases.  CNC is the only option and that is limited.  Below are some plywood letters of my type design, and modern shapes.  I have ordered a sheet of bamboo to cut out coasters, trivets, and clocks. 
Stay warm, we're trying!
Thanks for reading.
Each day is a gift. Open now.
xo,
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment