Thursday, April 28, 2011

Roosters are from Mars, and Hens are from Venus

Breaking bread with the Cochin hens.
Today was a perfect weather day.  I allowed myself an hour of sitting with my peeps.  They are 5 weeks old today.  I have been bringing them bread crusts for about 2 weeks.  Today they were insanely pecking and tearing at the bread in my hand.  Some of the hens are absolutely tame. "Talullah" wants to sit ON me.  But the roosters and dark brahmas are not so sweet or tame.
These 2 roosters have been at each other since they were 3 days old.  I am sure they are saying: "you're not the boss of me!" They have got to go!

I brought my camera out, and layed (excuse the phrase) on two seat cushions on my stomach in "Fort Chicken." Here are some of the photos I took.  Tomorrow, video.
"Gigi" the Dominique

A banty Cochin...so sweet.
My yellow Birkenstocks, and purple socks looked like fresh fruit.  Lots of pecking!
Talullah watches the banty peck my toes.

Did someone say sandwich?

That's all !
Thanks for reading.
Each day is a gift. Open now.
xo,
Suz

2 comments:

  1. What a great post, looks like lots of people are finally getting some much deserved lovely weather! We had our chicks out in the garden today while we worked. You should see them when one finds a worm, chaos! You'd think they'd realize after awhile that the worms were quite plentiful... ;) Oh, and love the socks and shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They no longer look like babies! They look like gangly teenagers now!

    ReplyDelete