Friday, March 9, 2012

Figgy Update

2 AM: on my lap
It's Friday morning.  I spent the night forcing fluids on the hour, so Figgy doesn't dehydrate.  Fluids include honey water or chicken broth.  Fausto now comes up to him and licks the top of his head.  Buddy is staying very close.  Today there should be an improvement, if there is going to be one.  It's been a long time since I have nursed this sick of an animal.  He just wants to be close, and so I am sitting with him on my lap most of the time.  I feel connecting through touch is imperative.  As cats tend to isolate themselves when sick, or dying.  I am constantly talking to him to keep him in the now.

I just tried some plain chicken baby food on my finger.  He actually licked his lips, so I put some in a teaspoon and he licked it all up!  This is the most encouraging  sign in 4 days.

Thanks for reading. Each day is a gift, open now.
xo
Suz

No comments:

Post a Comment