Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Day 134 The Hobbit House

Day 134
Our friends took us to Thomas Meyers' earth shelter home and studio.  Tom is a master of many things, a true Renaissance Man.   He makes intricate geometric quilt like mirrors and frames out of glass.  Not just any glass, but metallic, flash, textured and handsomely designed.  I am sure Frank Lloyd Wright would approve!  See them below and the link to his website.  They will be finding their way into our guest bathroom very soon!

Tom also makes collaged drawings that are sophisticated minimalism at  it's best.  I noticed a vintage Italian expresso machine.  He asked if I'd like a cup.  I hadn't had a descent cup of coffee since I left home. So I took him up on it.  Deeeelish, Tom. 
My photo doesn't do it justice.
What a treat to visit, and meet Tom.  Here's his website:  thomasmeyersstudio.com

Each day is a gift, open now.
xo,
Suz

No photos from this blog may be reproduced in any way without the written permission of the blogger and polkadot magpie.

No comments:

Post a Comment