Wednesday, August 24, 2011

I Built A Wall Of Basil

Ready for the freezer...30 1/2 cups of pesto.

When one is married to an Italian...you grow basil and tomatoes.  I harvested pounds of basil.  Most of the leaves were removed for pesto.  But I had so much that I put some in a vase and the kitchen is filled with the smell of fresh basil.  There will be more made in a week or so.  What this means to me: is in January when I can't think of what to make for dinner...pesto.  Bob is always delighted and amazed by this.
Basil, green chili, eggplant, tomatoes, eggs, and feathers.
Above is yesterday's harvest.  I will freeze the Monzano plum tomatoes and when I defrost them the skins just slip off.  I discovered this by accident, no more dropping into boiling water.  This method is much easier.  
Bantam eggs fill a bowl that I made with Bob in ceramics studio.
Thanks for reading.
Each day is a gift. Open now.
xo,
Suz

2 comments: